This week’s Green Tip has been written by two students, Imogen and Jemma.
Recently we had a tour of the school grounds to look at water management on campus.
At Merici we have adopted a range of strategies that help us save water.
Some of the things that we do at Merici include:
- Drought tolerant grass on the oval
- We have water efficient taps in the bathrooms
- We have dual flush toilets
- We use bore water
But what can you do at home to save water?
- You can get your parents to use drought tolerant grass
- Install low-flow taps or aerators to reduce tap-water use
- Get showerheads that flow between 6L/min and 9L/min
- Take shorter showers
- And remember to turn the tap off when brushing your teeth
It's important to consider your water usage - using water efficiently helps preserve our environment, saves money and ensures that future generations have access to clean water!
By Imogen and Jemma