We recently asked our parent community what they like most about Merici College. Here's what they had to say:
The culture at Merici was what attracted us to enrol our daughter. The school environment is very inclusive and provides opportunities for students to achieve. The students are well-balanced, and our two enrolled daughters are very happy to be part of the Merici community. Year 7 Parent
My daughters thoroughly enjoy participating in the numerous co-curricular activities on offer at the College. Year 9 Parent
I believe that the Pastoral Care system is one of the College's many strengths. I have four daughters enrolled at Merici and they are all very happy with their learning at Merici, particularly as it is focused on girls education. Year 11 Parent
My family has always felt a sense of belonging and welcome here at Merici. The inclusive education team has supported my daughter to achieve her full potential and encourages her to strive for success. Year 9 Parent
I am particularly impressed with the way that the College prioritises goals for women. All our expectations of the College have been exceeded. Year 7 Parent
The transition support for Defence students is excellent here. My daughter is in constant contact with the Defence Transition Mentor and other students from Defence families. Year 7 Parent
We were blown away with the facilities here at the College when we attended the Open Day. The environment is very nurturing, encouraging young women to dream and achieve. Year 9 Parent
I have a daughter in Year 11 and one graduated a couple of years ago. Both my daughters have loved their learning experiences, particularly the pastoral care system and have become fine young women. Year 12 Parent
My wife and niece are ex-Merici students and we are very happy with the education that our daughters are receiving. It is a very good environment, the girls are extremely happy here. Year 10 Parent
One of my daughters has graduated from Merici and has excelled in art. I have one daughter in Year 9 and a younger child. We heard about Merici through word of mouth and have been extremely happy here. In the words of my Year 9 daughter, "I'm never leaving Merici". Year 9 Parent
Mrs Loretta Wholley, Principal, is currently undertaking interviews with students enrolled into Year 7 2018 and parents. Having asked 'what attracted them to Merici College' here is some feedback.
- We like the benefits of an all-girl school environment.
- The vertical pastoral care system attracted us to the school.
- My daughter liked the garden, food tech and teachers and currently has a sister attending the College who is loving it.
- Good information, clear, pastoral care is strong, excellent goal setting, reputation.
- My daughter is interested in STEAM, we like the style of learning
- Such a welcoming atmosphere, we felt like we were instantly a part of a family.
- Great co-curricular program with lots of variety.
- We liked the Big Sister school tours.
- My daughter thoroughly enjoyed her Be a Merici Girl day.
- Positive development of older sister.
- The transition program is fantastic.
- The strong focus on the individual is what attracted us the most.
- Throughout our school tour the teachers were able to explain the curriculum really well.
- We liked the confidence of the place: the students and the teachers, as well as the Canteen staff.
- I was impressed by the social justice activities.
- We like the Values system, warmth, openness, safe and comfortable. Students had pride and very confident.
- We like that our daughter will learn to grow as a confident, young woman.
- Good experience of sisters and sense of community.
- We have chosen Merici because it is a single-sex Catholic school and we are confident that our daughter will receive the best education.
- I particularly like the College's focus on likes and strengths and how students are challenged academically.
For more information on Merici College, please contact Mrs Loretta Wholley, Principal.