This event is in its third year running and was initiated two years ago by two staff members, Trish Young and Tookie Capezio, as a way of broadening the experiences of Senior Hospitality students. It also gives the students with the opportunity of providing a service to those members in our community who need our help most. On behalf of all the Merici College community, we commend Trish, Tookie and the students on their wonderful endeavours, and congratulate them for the first-class, degustation menu that they prepared on Saturday night.
We would like to thank you to all our guests for attending the Bridge Benefit NICU Dinner and Silent Auction. The support received on the evening was overwhelming with over $4,000 raised from the bids alone! An amazing effort! The success of our auction could not have occurred without the many businesses in the A.C.T. who contributed gifts, vouchers and items. Your generosity and support is greatly appreciated by the Merici community and the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit at the Canberra Hospital.
We would also like to take this opportunity of thanking our ‘behind the scenes" people:
- Hospitality students Liana Rando and TJ Wheeler for all their work in the community seeking sponsorship.
- Hospitality student Dani Hardgrave for her graphic design skills in putting together posters and menus.
- Roisin Moore, School Captain for being a wonderful MC and her continued support of Merici College and all we do.
- Sincere thanks and appreciation is extended to Justine Wheeler, TJ’s mum, who has spent tireless hours out and about in our community collecting donations from businesses.
- Christine Collins, Finance Manager for her invaluable contribution in purchasing and preparing items for hampers donated by Merici and all her finance work.
- Ros Parisi, Public Relations Officer for her all her administrative coordination and organisation.
The amount raised will be advised shortly.
Again, our sincere thanks for supporting this wonderful event.
Check out our Gallery for lots more great photos! https://merici.news/view-galleries/bridge-benefit-dinner-2017