We wish to pass on our congratulations and best wishes to all our Graduands for 2016: 138 students received their Senior Secondary Certificate.
Merici College Dux: Highest Achieving Year 12 student at Merici College who completed a Tertiary Package - Avneet Bakshi
Runner up to the Dux – Proxime Accessit: Cassandra Nguyen
ACT Board of Senior Secondary Studies (BSSS) Awards
• Avneet Bakshi – BSSS Award for Academic Excellence and Highest ATAR
• Ashleigh McClelland – BSSS Award for Vocational Studies
• Casey Bellicanta – BSSS Award for Community Service
• Katerina Turrise – BSSS Award for Performing/Visual Arts
• Kiah Marshall - BSSS Award for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander
98 students set their goals on achieving an ATAR in 2016
• 6 students received an ATAR above 95
• 13 students received an ATAR of 90 or higher
• 51 students received an ATAR of 80 or higher.
Over 62% of students who sat for the AST and completed a T Package received 65+ and would be eligible for entry into a local university.
Academic Successes & Scholarships
We congratulate our students who received recognitions for their academic success in a range of subject areas
• Sneddon Hall and Gallop Scholarship – Alisha Nagle
• ANU Languages Award – Rachel McGee
• ANU College Credit, Distinction and High Distinction grades in Continuing Japanese, Advanced Jazz Music, Biodiversity, Specialist Mathematics and Discovering Engineering
• The Australian Catholic University teaching scholarships - Rachel Webb, Alannah Hodge, Kayla Murray
Students have received early offers
• into ANU through ANU College, Extension Program
• through the Principal’s Recommendation Scheme to The Australian Catholic University and the University of Canberra
• through the Early Achiever Program into ACU in a variety of courses
• into the University of Wollongong
A number of students are undertaking the interview process to enter undergraduate Medicine at James Cook University
Overall this cohort achieved 123 Certificates in Vocational Education including
• 8 Certificate III, 18 Certificate II and 7 Certificates I in Hospitality
• 11 Certificate III in Business Administration
• 6 Certificate II in Arts, Entertainment
• 4 Certificate II in Computing
• 2 Certificate II in Textiles
• 1 Certificate I in Community Services, Health & Education
Traineeships and Starter Program
• 4 students have secured a Traineeship from an ASBA into Childcare, Hospitality and Hairdressing
We encourage all students to keep in touch and let us know where their future journey of learning and adventure may take them. A destination survey will be sent out after main round offers are made; we look forward to their response.
We celebrate every student and her achievement at Merici. We are proud of what they have accomplished and know they will go on to build exceptional futures.
Mrs Loretta Wholley
Dr Ann Cleary
Deputy Principal Learning