Year 10 Transitions Forum (Monday 27 July – Friday 1 July)
The Transitions Forum is an important week for Year 10 students. During the forum your daughters will consider how to make decisions, reflect on what is important in life, hear about a few different careers, learn about the job market, prepare for senior study and much, much more. Students are not expected to wear uniform during this week except for the day of excursions on Wednesday.
Lunch will be provided on Monday and Friday. Students will be required to bring their own recess for the week as well as lunch on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.
The days have been specifically organised into different areas:
- Monday: a full day presentation, ‘Day of Hope’ with Glenn Gerreyn from the Hopeful Institute, Sydney. He concentrates on goals and motivation and in the past, he has had our students on the edge of their seats with his inspirational words.
- Tuesday: students will be given presentations on -
- IB Diploma Programme/BSSS Program
- University degree pre-requisites and recommendations
- Extra- curricular academic activities available in Senior College
- Wednesday: students choose two institutions that they would like to visit. The options are: Canberra Institute of Technology, Australian National University, Australian Catholic University, University of Canberra, ADFA. Students will be sent an online form to submit their preferences
- Thursday: All students will be doing independent work on Personal Project
- Friday: The final day of the Year 10 Transitions forum is dedicated to the Year 10 Retreat, which will be run by Ms Tolfree