Term 2 begins for Students – Tuesday 20 April
Dear Parents and Carers,
You will already have been advised by your Principal that the first day of Term 2, 19 April, will be a pupil free day across all systemic Catholic schools in the ACT. In order to provide the best possible teaching and learning for every student there is a significant need to support teachers and school staff with professional learning opportunities that better position them to meet the expectations and needs of our school communities and students. Monday 19 April has therefore been set aside as a pupil free day to support the learning and development of teachers and school staff. The first day of school for all students at ACT systemic Catholic schools will be Tuesday 20 April.
Thank you for your understanding and continuing support for Catholic education.
1 April 2021
Winter Uniform – Term 2
Please note that winter uniform must be worn from the commencement of Term 2. We draw your attention to the following uniform reminder from the Principal.
- Skirt lengths (at knee length)
- Nail polish (neutral shade)
- Jewellery (simple ring, bracelet, a silver or gold chain necklace and maximum of two pairs of small sleeper/studs in the lobe of the ear only). No other necklaces, items or piercings are permitted. Please be mindful that body piercings need to be removed whilst at school. Band aids covering body piercings and piercings that are transparent, are not alternatives to remedying the situation.
- Hair (extreme hair style and colour is not acceptable).
- No visible tattoos
- School shoes must be lace-up and polished. No Mary-Jane or buckle shoes are permitted.
- The Merici school bag is also compulsory and needs to be in good condition.
- Hoodies are not part of the uniform.
Please follow the link https://www.merici.act.edu.au/my-merici/resources/uniforms to find the College’s uniform requirements.
New Uniform Transition
In 2020 Merici College began the transition to a new summer uniform, moving from a light blue to a tartan dress.
While initially we advertised that the period of transition would be 2 years, the College Executive (in conjunction with the College Board) has agreed to extend this transition to 3 years. This will allow students who began in Year 7 in 2019 (the year before the new uniform implementation) to complete Year 10 while still wearing the blue dress should they choose to. From 2023 all students in summer must wear the tartan dress or the shirt/shorts option.
New blazers are available from our College uniform shop. Previously purchased blazers from the former manufacturer will still be permitted to be worn through to the end of 2024. However incoming Year 7 students are required to purchase the new styled PSW blazer.