As we approach the end of the year and the festive season....
A general sustainable gift-giving philosophy is:
- Thrifted or pre-loved is usually best.
- Vote with your dollar by supporting sustainably minded companies.
- Keep it local when you can.
- Give Covid-safe experiences instead of things.
- Buy only food that you will use to avoid or minimise food waste.
- Make your own wrappings with what you have available.
- Quality time is the best gift of all.
Wishing you all love, laughter, and health this holiday season and always!
Attached are some references to assist with your holiday selections.
A great book full of tips and tricks for upcycled, handmade, zero-waste gifts. From the crafty to the delectable, this book has gift ideas for even the fussiest person on your friends list. Beautifully photographed this book takes the stress out of planning a gift and the guilt of a hastily bought plastic wrapped present. Great for planning for upcoming holidays.
Contents. 1 Eco friendly gift ideas for children. 1.1 Stuff to play, pretend and dig with. 1.1.1 Non-toxic, recycled plastic toys; 1.1.2 Sustainable wood games and puzzles; 1.2 Indigenous language resources and cultural learning toys ; 1.3 Children’s subscription boxes and DIY kits; 2 Sustainable subscription boxes; 3 Ethical gift ideas for your Mum and Dad; 4 Eco friendly matching family gifts
Please click here to find the full document.